Teachers College is affiliated with the private Ivy League Columbia University. The university, located in Upper Manhattan, New York City is the oldest educational establishment in New York and the fifth oldest in America. It was founded before the American Revolution in 1754 and houses 20 schools.
Teachers College is part of Columbia’s Graduate School of Education, and is the oldest and largest graduate schools in the US. The Swarthmore college maintains a separate corporate status from Columbia University, but remains part of the official faculty. All doctorate degrees at Columbia University, including those from Teachers College, are issued by the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences. Columbia’s student residence offers accommodation halls for single students as well as students with family and children.
According to the US News & World Report, the college’s current ranking places it at seventh among all graduate schools of education in the US. This yearly top-ranking college has been home to a large number of people who have gone on to rise to the top of their fields. Amongst its alumni are the notable artist Georgia O’Keeffe and the great Jazz musician and music educator, Donald Byrd.
Read on for Teachers College undergraduate admission requirements:
Teachers College Undergraduate Admission Help:
|Location||Manhattan, New York City, United States|
Teachers College Admission Requirements:
- Test Results: The composite range scores for Columbia University are as follows: SAT 1390-1570 and ACT 31-34
- Essay Submissions: Generally, no essay requirement. However, applicants should consult the program website and the Area of Study section, to see if their intended program of study requires an essay.
Other documents needed:
- A completed application form: See here for the Teachers College Online Application Form.
- Statement of Purpose: This should be 2-3 pages long and double spaced. This should detail your academic and professional background, your plans for Grad School and your professional goals. You should also address why you feel you will be a good fit for the applied program of study.
- Resume: This should list your employment history, educational history, academic undertakings alongside any significant activities.
- Two Letters of recommendations: Submitted with the online application. Letters of recommendation should be requested from individuals who have personal knowledge of the applicant’s academic or professional qualifications that make them suitable for graduate study.
- Transcripts: To be uploaded to the online application.
- Standardized Tests: SAT plus two subject tests, or ACT plus writing.
- Submit Supplemental Materials: Applicants should consult the program website and the Area of Study section, as some programs require supplemental materials.
- Application Fee: $65 for new applicants and $35 for re-applicants.