Comprehensive Detail on Marietta College Application for First Year Students
Marietta College is a private school located in Marietta, Ohio. It was founded in 1797 and currently has 1,371 students, 60% are male and 40% are female. It is ranked #410 out of 1,391 best nationwide colleges and #15 out of 56 best Ohio colleges. Marietta College has 10:1 student to faculty ratio with average freshmen retention rate.
Marietta College offers Masters as the highest degree. It offers more than 40 undergraduate majors that are divided into three areas of study. Other programs provided in Marietta College are education abroad, engineering leadership certificate, honors, investigative studies, leadership studies, teacher leadership certificate and vocal pedagogy programs.
Marietta College has a 70% acceptance rate. Out of 4,099 applicants, only 2,871 were admitted and 362 enrolled. For incoming freshmen applicants, the following are the essential Marietta College requirements:
- Common Application
- Guidance Counselor Report
- Secondary School Record
- Official Transcript
- Admission Tests
- Teacher Evaluation
In your Marietta College application, students should also consider their standardized test scores as this will be used as basis in evaluating your admission. The following are required scores for your SAT and ACT:
- SAT Reading: 480 – 610
- SAT Math: 490 – 610
- SAT Writing: 450 – 580
- ACT: 21 – 26
Marietta College Admissions Tips, Tuition Fee and Cost
Annual admission in Marietta College can cost between $19,113 and $46,151. Do not worry if the net price seems too costly for you as there are available scholarships and grants offered at Marietta College. 97% of freshmen in Marietta College receive financial aid in their first year which average to $20,399 while $27,038 is awarded to students from low income families. Marietta College allocates $29,633 in financial aid package to its students. 371 students received an average of $18,347 in scholarships and 139 students were given $4,943 each in federal grant aid.
Marietta College application can be tough but there are ways to ease the admission process. Here are tips from experts to help guarantee hassle free application:
- Prepare ahead of time all the requirements for your Marietta College admissions. If you are required an essay, write early on as to give you time to edit and proofread it.
- After you have compiled the requirement checklists, select the deadline best suited for you. Do you think early decision is better or regular application?
- If you have poor test scores or GPA, make sure that you compensate it with top quality essay, letters of recommendation and evaluation.
- Utilize campus visit and interview session with the admissions committee; this will show you are genuinely interested and dedicated in enrolling at Marietta College.
- Avail academic resources online for easy Marietta College application. There are experts willing to guide and assist you throughout the process of your admission.
- If you want to be sure in your results, find out Muhlenberg College requirements.
Why You Should Choose Marietta College
- Marietta College is included in top schools with successful career placement for its graduates.
- The school also offers outstanding athletic programs; in fact its basketball program has won several championships.
- Marietta College is ranked number 7 in the nation Common Sense ranking.
- 39% of graduate students at Marietta College earn much more in terms of mid-career salary.
- Marietta College provides excellent education to students and constantly improves its programs to meet top academic standards.