Knox College Requirements, Academic Ranking and Programs
Knox College is a private school located in Galesburg, Illinois. It was founded in 1837 and currently has 1,399 students enrolled, 58% are female and 42% are male. It is ranked #317 out of 1391 best nationwide colleges and #13 out of 53 best Illinois colleges. Knox College has a 12:1 student to faculty ration with high freshmen retention rate.
Knox College is a nationally ranked liberal arts school. It has more than 60 courses of study including 38 majors, 49 minors and pre-professional and cooperative programs. The school practice self-designed studies in which students can completely create their own majors and minors. Other programs offered by Knox College are college honors, first year preceptorial, Peace Corps preparatory, sports students and teacher certification. Five of the most popular majors in Knox College are:
- Creative Writing
- Elementary Education and Teaching
- Social Sciences
If you still doubts, check info about Lafayette College application.
Knox College has a 72% acceptance rate. Out of 2,385 students who applied, 1,706 were admitted and 346 enrolled. For first year applicants, the following are the necessary Knox College requirements:
- Common Application
- $50 application fee
- High School Transcript
- School Report form
- Teacher Evaluation form
- Transcripts from any college or university attended
- ACT or SAT I scores
- Optional: Scholarship portfolios, audition videos, or other scholarship submissions
The submission of standardized test scores may be optional in Knox College application but students are encouraged as this improves the success of your admission. Here are guidelines on scores for your SAT and ACT:
- SAT Reading: 580 – 630
- SAT Math: 590 – 660
- SAT Writing: 580 – 630
- ACT: 23 – 29
The deadline of submission for your Knox College admissions is November 1 for early action and January 15 for regular decision.
Details of Knox College Application, Cost, Aid and Admission Tips
The comprehensive fee in your admission to Knox College for a year is $52,615 but students can receive financial aid by applying. 99% of freshmen in Knox College receive an average of $25,565 in scholarships and grants and students from low income families get an average of $32,569 in their first year. Knox College has an average of $33,166 for incoming freshmen; 377 were awarded $22,786 in scholarships while 129 students were awarded $4,718 each in federal grant aid. For more information about availability of financial aid packages in Knox College, click here:
- Financial Aid Department Website: https://www.knox.edu/offices/office-of-financial-aid.html
- Net Price Calculator: https://knox.studentaidcalculator.com/survey.aspx
Applicants should also be careful with college applications especially that a single error could cost you a spot in good schools. To avoid common blunders, here are top 5 premium tips from experts:
- Always research about Knox College requirements, deadline, financial aid, academic programs and other important information. The more you know, the easier it will be to apply.
- Pay close attention to all Knox College requirements necessary in your admission. Make sure that your letters and essays are well written and your test scores are well within the guidelines.
- Double check everything not just the written requirements but also your application in general. Did you write the right name, contact info and address? Are you sure you submitted it on time? Take note of these before you hit the send button.
- Get an interview as this will help your Knox College admissions. The selection team will likely see you as an applicant who is truly interested than those who opt not to get interviewed.
- Avail resources for easy application. There are services available online that can assist you in your admission and even guide you to ensure that all aspect of your application is correct and flawless.
- Get more additional info about other colleges, for example Linfield College requirements.
Why You Should Choose Knox College
- Knox College has a total of 120 faculties, 97% perfect of which have PhD thus ensuring that they have the competency and passion to educate you.
- Knox College is ranked #11 in National Math and Science PhD Candidates.
- Majority of those who graduate from Knox College are immediately employed or continued to graduate school.
- The school offers a good deal of students clubs and organizations to nurture the student’s interests, skills and talent.
- Knox College is dedicated in providing its students the best education available at reasonable value.