Ithaca College Requirements and Freshman Admission Process
Ithaca College is a private school located in Ithaca, New York. It was founded in 1892 and currently has 6,124 students, 57% are female and 43% are male. It is ranked #147 out of 1,391 best nationwide colleges and #19 out of 115 best New York colleges. Ithaca College has an 11:1 student to faculty ratio with high freshmen retention rate.
Ithaca College offers PhD as its highest degree. The school also boasts its Ithaca college graduate programs, certificate, bachelor’s, master’s and professional practice programs. It has a great number of undergraduate programs from applied economics to chemistry. Most of the classes in Ithaca College have fewer than 20 students. Four of the most popular majors in Ithaca College are:
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Health Professions and Related Programs
- Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services
- Social Sciences
Also you can find out info about Juniata College admissions.
Ithaca College has a 68% acceptance rate. Out of the 13,436 who applied, 9,163 were admitted and 1,625 enrolled. For students who want to apply for undergraduate programs, it is important that you submit the following Ithaca College requirements:
- Common Application
- Secondary school report
- Official high school transcripts
- Personal statement essay
- Standardized test scores
Applicants should also consider their test scores if it is up to par with the guidelines of Ithaca College. Here are Ithaca College requirements for your SAT and ACT:
- SAT Reading: 550 – 640
- SAT Math: 550 – 630
- SAT Writing: 560 – 640
- ACT: 24 – 29
The deadline of submission for all Ithaca College requirements is November 1 for early decision, December 1 for early action and February 1 for regular.
Complete Guide to Ithaca College Application and Financial Aid Availability
The expected tuition for your first year in Ithaca College is $41,776 excluding room, board and other expenses. Applying for scholarships and grants enable you to pay a lot less; in fact, 91% of freshmen students receive financial aid that average to $21,653 and those from low income families can enjoy $33,213 in aid during their first year. Ithaca College has an allocation of $27,583 in financial aid; 1621 freshmen students were awarded $19,640 in scholarships and another 409 students received $5,864 each in federal grant aid. Click here for more information about financial aid packages available in Ithaca College:
- Financial Aid Department Website: www.ithaca.edu/finaid/
- Net Price Calculator: www.ithaca.edu/finaid/aid/need/
For applicants, there are factors that you should consider and avoid for a hassle free admission. Here are some professional tips from experts in your Ithaca College application:
- Schedule for an interview even if it is not required by the school. You can make a good argument on your competency with a one on one interview session with the admissions committee.
- Carefully take into consideration the academic disciplines and Ithaca College graduate programs and decide first if it the right one for you. The school offers counseling for those who are still struggling on which course to take.
- If you think your test scores are below average, you should compensate with an impressive and winning essay.
- Take note of all deadlines. Consider which date is the best one for you before you start compiling all your requirements and paper works.
- Work with professionals to make your college application easier. Experts can provide you guidance, assistance and academic solutions for common application woes.
- It will be useful if you learn admission rules of some other college, for instance Kalamazoo College requirements.
Why You Should Choose Ithaca College
- Ithaca College offers you premium education at affordable tuition rates. Students can also avail scholarships and grants to pay less of the net price.
- It is the right environment for students who want to be academically challenged and it a great place to develop your interests and skills.
- College is a fun experience when you join the academic community of Ithaca College. The faculty is passionate about their work, students are welcoming and the classes are interesting.
- If offers variety of academic programs designed to meet highest standards. It also offers programs and trainings that no other school provides.
- Ithaca College is a good place for students for various opportunities in terms of growth and development.