Applying for a Howard University Transfer is competitive for most students. The requirements are quite strict where the institution requires a maximum of 60 credit hours. These credits differ if your college or university doesn’t come from a regionally accredited institution. One of the university’s options is to take courses from another institution and transfer credits from there, however this process must have official approval from a Department Chair or Dean of the College.
Apart from the credits, students must also have a grade of 2.0 or higher as this will affect their accumulation of credits. Grades and point averages from other schools are not transferable to this university.
If a student is applying for Howard University transfer scholarship, for University of Maryland transfer or for Fordham University transfer ones, the student must choose which program is applicable for them; afterwards they can follow the transfer requirements indicated by the university. There is a choice of several scholarships within each of their three departments, research which one you prefer is going to be beneficial in the long run.
But in entirety, the process of transfer requirements would still be incomplete without the necessary personal statement or transfer essay attached to your documents.
What to address in your Howard University transfer essay
For students applying to Howard University transfer, one of the key elements to get you admitted is through your comprehensive essay. When writing an essay, show your personality by expressing your thoughts and how you can contribute to the university. Make your essay stand out by conveying your personal and academic strengths.
For students applying for Howard University scholarship transfer, there is a specific essay needed per scholarship program, but still the essay must convey you, your interests and your goals for and within the university.
Tips to writing your Howard University Transfer Application:
Since Howard university transfer essay doesn’t have a fixed format, you can ask questions in the admissions office. But if the admission office gave out a generic format then here are some tips on how you can make an impressive essay:
- Begin your statement with an impact. Make your essay witty and powerful enough to draw your reader. Write a strong introduction of your personal life, and your academic life. Both statements should be of equal bearing within your essay
- Write your academic progresses and achievements and how you are doing in your current institution. If you have special skills that you feel is an addition to the university, share them.
- Write a compelling background story; write in honesty if you had financial troubles, or experienced failures in your school, and how these affected you.
- Share your academic and personal passions and explain how these can contribute to Howard University.
- Proofread your essay to correct your statements. At this point you can edit, improve and finalize your statements before submitting your documents. Have a professional look in your work.
Need Help with Your Essay?
Creating a Howard University transfer essay or scholarship essay can leave a student exasperated especially when there is no format to follow. Mistakes made by most students are the inability to convey expressions in literary form; this leads to context jumping which in the end causes the reader to become uninterested. An option for students to create a meaningful essay is to work with professional essay writers, their services will help give an interesting approach while developing your personal and academic statements closely to your attainment.