Undergraduate Admission Process and Hope College Requirements
Hope College is a private school located in Holland, Michigan. It was founded in 1866 and currently has 3,432 students, 60% are female and 40% are male. It is ranked #287 out of 1,391 best nationwide colleges and #7 out of 38 best Michigan colleges. Hope College has a 12:1 student to faculty ratio with high freshmen retention rate.
Hope College has a liberal arts based curriculum. It provides hands on opportunities and offers more than 80 majors, minors and pre professional programs. It also provides more than 200 study abroad programs and internships throughout the US. Five of the most popular majors in Hope College are:
- Business Administration and Management
- Biology/Biological Sciences
- Health Services/Allied Health/Health Sciences
Find out all details of Hanover College admissions for the best results!
Hope College has a 77% acceptance rate. Out of 4,391 students who applied, 3,402 were admitted and 814 enrolled. The following are Hope College requirements for first year and permanent resident students:
- Common Application
- Standardized test scores
- High school transcript
- School Report
- Official transcripts from any college(s) attended
- Letter of recommendation
- Personal Essay
Students will be evaluated based on academic performance, leadership and personal conduct among other factors. Your test scores will also be used to properly assess your level of comprehension. Here are the required scores for your SAT and ACT:
- SAT Reading: 540 – 650
- SAT Math: 550 – 670
- ACT: 24 – 29
Students can start sending in their application by August 1 and complete it by November 1. Applicants can receive admissions decision on March 20.
General Information on Hope College Application, Cost and Aid
The annual cost at Hope College is $41,250 but students are advised to apply for scholarships and grants to enjoy a lower tuition rate. 93% of freshmen students at Hope College receive financial aid that average to $14,115 and $26,392 are given to students from low income families on their first year. Hope College allots an average of $21,796 in which 761 incoming freshmen benefited as they were awarded $12,403 in scholarships and $4,745 each to 178 students in the form of federal grant aid. For more information about financial aid packages at Hope College click here:
- Financial Aid Department Website: www.hope.edu/admin/finaid
- Net Price Calculator: www.hope.edu/admissions/costs-financial-aid-and-scholarships/net-price-calculator
Many applicants fall prey to common issues when it comes to college applications. The following are top 5 fool proof tips from experts to ensure an easy and quick Hope College application:
- Mark your calendar on submission deadline for Hope College requirements. Make sure that you compile everything before the due date and allow time allowance to improve or edit any written work.
- Talk to counselors or faculty members regarding your application. Ask for a credible person to write you a winning letter of recommendation as this will play an important role in your application.
- Do not rush the process of application. Take it one day at a time and make sure that you also consider the scores of your standardized tests and GPA. Do not rely only on your essays.
- Research can go a long way when you are applying. You will understand the do’s and don’ts in admissions to any college.
- Seek professional help online. Aside from assistance in submitting your Hope College requirements, you can also enjoy college counseling and guidance from experts.
- It will be a good idea to find some other colleges like backup plan, for example you can learn Hendrix College requirements.
Why You Should Choose Hope College
- Hope College offers more than just quality education but also a friendly and accommodating community dedicated to helping students in any way possible.
- The school provides many activities for students to nurture their interests and explore other skills and talents.
- The academics at Hope College are outstanding and top notch. This is evident by its high ranks in overall colleges in the US.
- All faculty members and staff at Hope College are genuinely passionate and interested in the progress of the students. They make sure that students can grow academically and socially.
- Hope College aims to ensure individual success to its students through effective teaching and premium academic programs.