Information and Criteria on Hampshire College Application
Hampshire College is a private school located in Amherst, Massachusetts. It was founded in 1965 and currently has 1,529, 59% are female and 41% are male. It is ranked #257 out of 1,391 best nationwide colleges and #25 out of 63 best Massachusetts colleges. It has an average freshmen retention rate with 11: 1 student to faculty ratio.
Hampshire College offers bachelor’s degree to its students. The school does not have Hampshire College graduate programs but it provides numerous areas of study from Art History to Theatre. Students also have the option to customize their curriculum and even select beyond disciplines and departments. 67% of students graduate within six years in Hampshire College. It has study abroad opportunities and teacher certification programs.
Hampshire College has a 64% acceptance rate. Out of 2,730 students who applied, 1,750 were admitted and 420 enrolled. The school performs holistic reading of all applications which is why applicants should be wary of all application materials they submit. The following are the requirements in your Hampshire College application:
- Completed Common Application
- Writing Supplement
- Standardized Test Scores
- Current transcripts
- School report, including guidance counselor recommendation
- Teacher letter of recommendation
If you want to be sure in successful admission, try additional variants and read about Ithaca College application.
Your test scores are vital in your application as this will demonstrate your expertise and proficiency in various areas. Here are required scores for your SAT and ACT:
- SAT Reading: 580 – 700
- SAT Math: 530 – 660
- SAT Writing: 560 – 670
- ACT: 25 – 30
The deadlines of submission for Hampshire College application is November 15 for early decision, January 15 for early decision II, December 1 for early action and January 15 for regular.
Hampshire College Graduate Programs, Tuition and Admissions Tips
The cost of attendance in Hampshire College is between $27,651 and $62,015 but students do not have to pay the net price if they apply for scholarships and grants. 91% of freshmen receive an average of $23,886 in financial aid and $34,364 is awarded for students from low income families in their first year. Hampshire College allots $30,730 financial aid for incoming freshmen. 344 were given scholarships that average to $22,405 and 91 received $5,311 of federal grant aid. Click here for more information about financial aid packages offered at Hampshire College:
- Financial Aid Department Website: www.hampshire.edu/offices/1876.htm
- Net Price Calculator: https://npc.collegeboard.org/student/app/hampshire
Preparing for your college application is a lengthy process. Students often find themselves confused in the labyrinthine of applications and admissions. Here are top 5 expert tips that are sure to make Hampshire College application easier:
- If you are applying to selective schools, make sure that all requirements are submitted. Take note also of the deadline and evaluate which date is the right one for you.
- For students who have average test scores, you can still make a good impression with an impressive essay. Your essay will demonstrate more than just your writing skills but also the best route to show your personality to the admissions committee.
- Always schedule an interview. This can help put a face in the application and not just test scores, essays and GPA.
- Application is all about uniqueness. Make a strong argument why you should be chosen and reasons that you would be a good addition to their academic community.
- Make use of available resources offline and online. There are many services available online that can give you guidance and effective solutions to common application woes.
- Look throught requirements of other colleges, for example Juniata College application.
Why You Should Choose Hampshire College
- Hampshire College is the perfect learning environment for students who are creative, innovative and open minded.
- The school offers divisional system which will surely motivate students as the end results are academically rewarding.
- Hampshire College provides its students accessible academics but makes sure that you can hone your skills and interests with extracurricular activities and organizations.
- For those who are looking for unique educational experience, Hampshire College is the right choice for you. It is cutting edge in terms of teaching techniques.
- Hampshire College is best known for alternative learners as they have small classes, dedicated faculty and personal evaluations instead of actual grades.