The College of the University of Chicago is the only undergraduate institute at the University of Chicago. Established in 1890 by J. D. Rockefeller, it is one of the oldest components of the University of Chicago. Currently, graduate students outnumber undergraduates by a 2:1 ratio.
52 majors are on offer to students, and new minors have just been introduced in a select numbers of fields. The college of liberal and professional studies penn’s division also offers several joint Bachelors/Masters programs to high performing students. In 2014, the university was ranked 4th for undergraduate programs nationwide by the US News & World Report.
Notable alumni of the University include Goldman Sachs as well as Carl Sagan and Edwin Hubble.
The College of the University of Chicago Undergraduate Admission Help:
University of Chicago Figures 2014:
|Location||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
The College of the University of Chicago Admission Requirements:
- Test Results: There is no minimum GPA or test score, however, the composite scores are: SAT 1440-1590, ACT 32-35.
- Essay Submissions: UChicago Supplement. For information and essay prompts see the following page: Application Essay
- Other documents needed:
- A Completed Application Form: Applicants to the college can use the Universal College Application or Common Application .
- A School Report (SR) and Transcript: Completed by your secondary school counsellor and submitted along with an official transcript. The Universal Application or Common Application can be used.
- Teacher Evaluations: Two recommendations from teachers who have taught you in an academic subject and know you well. These can be submitted via the Universal Application or Common Application.
- A Mid-Year School Report: The Universal and Common Applications provides a Midyear Grade Report form. This should be completed by the high school counsellor and should include first semester/trimester grades or transcripts.
- SAT Reasoning Test or ACT: The College requires an ACT or SAT Reasoning score. These should be sent from the testing agency. SAT subject tests are not required.
- Test Registration Codes: SAT code is 1832; the ACT code is 1152.
- Application Fee: $75 or a fee waiver.
- International Applicants: International applicants, whose first language is not English, must demonstrate competency in English. The college accepts TOEFL, IELTS or the Pearson Test of English (PTE). The recommended minimum scores are, 100 or higher on TOEFL (internet based). 600 on TOEFL (paper based). 7, with sub scores of 7 each for IELTS. 70 for the PTE. Exceptions are made for applicant’s who have studied at a school, for a minimum of two years, where English is the primary language, or who come from countries where English is the official language.