Guide to Application Process and Champlain College Requirements
Champlain College is a private college located in Burlington, Vermont. It was first founded in 1878 and currently has 3,124 students, 60% are male and 40% are female. It is ranked #565 out of 1,391 best nationwide colleges in US and #6 out of 13 best Vermont colleges. The freshmen retention rate is average with 14:1 student to faculty ratio.
Champlain College gives distance learning, study abroad opportunities and weekend programs for its students. Masters is the highest degree Champlain College offers to students. Undergraduate students can choose from a great number of majors and specializations from Accounting to Game Design. Four of the most popular majors in Champlain College are:
- Business Administration and Management, General
- Cyber/Computer Forensics and Counterterrorism
- Game and Interactive Media Design
If you want to have alternatives, check out Deep Springs College admissions requirements.
Champlain College admissions have an 85% acceptance rate. Out of 2,587 applications it received, 2,188 were admitted and 488 enrolled. Champlain College requirements should be met and submitted on time for better chances of Champlain College admissions. The following are requirements necessary to complete your application:
- Official copy of your high school transcript
- Standardized test scores (SAT and ACT)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal Statement Essay
- Portfolio (for selected majors)
- Official college transcripts (for college transfers)
- TOEFL/IELTS (for international students)
- Counselor Evaluation
- School Report
One of the factors in Champlain College requirements is compliance with the guidelines of standardized test scores. The following are the required scores for your SAT and ACT:
- SAT Reading: 520 – 630
- SAT Math: 510 – 630
- SAT Writing: 490 – 600
- ACT: 23 – 29
Champlain College application deadlines are
- Early Decision I: November 1
- Early Decision II: December 15
- Regular Decision: January 15
- Regular Decision for Transfers: Rolling
Champlain College Application, Fees and Tips for Admissions
The annual cost for first year students in Champlain College is between $24,353 and $48,650. But 94% of freshmen receive financial aid which totals to $14,269 and students from low income families are awarded $24,297 during their first year. The school itself offers financial aid packages to students which amounts to $23,024 for incoming freshmen. 94% of incoming freshmen receive financial assistance in the form of scholarships and grants. 556 incoming freshmen received an average of $12,500 and 147 students of $4,981 each worth of federal aid grant. Here are helpful links for more information about financial aid at Champlain College:
- Financial Aid Department Website: www.champlain.edu/Undergraduate-Studies/Tuition-and-Aid/Financial-Aid.html
- Net Price Calculator: www.champlain.edu/admissions/undergraduate-admissions/financial-aid-undergraduate/champlain-net-price-calculator
Application to Champlain College does not have to be time consuming and stressful. Our tips will guarantee that students have a hassle free application process:
- Always know the deadline for your application; this will help ensure that you can pass the Champlain College requirements and avoid cramming.
- Read the instructions and requirements. This is crucial especially that any errors could result to rejection of your application.
- Provide all the requested information. Always be thorough when answering questions and never leave out any blanks as this may look unprofessional and sloppy on your part.
- Proofread at all times whether it is your essay or other written requirements.
- Take advantage of help online. Many academic services online offer easy help that can make sure that your application process is swift and convenient.
- Look through requirement for other colleges, for example Dickinson College application rules.
Why You Should Choose Champlain College
- Champlain College embodies innovative and culturally diverse community that aims to provide excellent education to its students.
- The school is career oriented and makes sure that students get all the necessary training to excel in their chosen fields.
- It offers a lot of academic and professional opportunities for students. It is a great school located in a friendly community.
- Programs at Champlain College are tailored for the maximum career opportunities for students.
- Champlain College is working to create an integrated education through various programs and study options.