Berea College Requirements: SAT Scores and More
Berea College is a private school located at Berea, Kentucky. It was founded in 1855 and currently has 1,621 students enrolled, 56% are female and 44% are male. It is ranked as #439 out of 1,391 best nationwide colleges in US and placed #4 out of 26 best Kentucky colleges. The freshmen retention is high with 10:1 student to faculty ratio.
If you want to know about secrets of Coe college application, click here!
Berea College offers Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in 28 fields from Biology to Asian Studies. It also offers Student Labor Program which gives students, faculty and staff to engage in becoming active learners through community work. It does not offer masters or doctorate programs. Five of the most popular majors at Berea College are:
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Family and Consumer Sciences/Human Sciences
- Social Sciences
Berea College is a selective school with only 12% acceptance rate. Out of the 4,707 that applied, only 586 were admitted and 418 enrolled. Given that the school has a limited slot for prospective students, it is best to ensure that you pass all the Berea College requirements on time. The following are the requirements checking in applying to Berea College:
- High School GPA of at least 3.0
- Standardized test scores
- High School transcripts
- Official Score reports
- Application Essay
- Letters of Recommendation
It is also recommended that students complete this high school curriculum:
- Four (4) units of English (including composition, rhetoric, and literature)
- Three (3) units of Mathematics (at least Algebra I, Algebra II, and Geometry)
- Two (2) units of Laboratory Science
- Two (2) units of Social Science/History (including World History)
- Two (2) units of a foreign language
For your standardized test, passing the required score is crucial especially that the competition can be tough for Berea College admission. The following are SAT and ACT scores that prospective students should comply:
- SAT Reading: 550 – 635
- SAT Math: 515 – 620
- SAT Writing: 500 – 605
- ACT: 20 – 30
Other factors that would affect your application to Berea College are:
- School rank
- Completion of College Preparatory Program
The application deadline for freshmen is:
- Priority #1: October 31, 2015
- Priority #2: February 29, 2016
- Final: April 30, 2016
- Final: March 31, 2016 (for transfer students)
Guaranteed Berea College Admissions with Expert Guide
In your first year at Berea College, you are expected to pay an estimate of $33,492 but students can always apply for different types of scholarships and grants so the final tuition and fees are a lot less. 100% of freshmen students at Berea College receive $29,880 of financial aid and students from low income families are awarded an average of $29,417 of aid in their first year. Berea College itself provides its freshmen students with financial aid package of $31,593 average. 397 incoming freshmen were given scholarships that average to $22,938 and 361 students received federal grant aid of $4,722 average each. For more information about financial aid packages at Berea College, click on the following links:
- Financial Aid Department Website: www.berea.edu/student-financial-aid/
- Net Price Calculator: https://berea.studentaidcalculator.com/survey.aspx
Berea College admissions can be daunting for most especially that they select so little out of thousands of applicants. To maximize your application at Berea College, make sure that you follow these simple tips:
- Be organized not only in your requirements but also in meeting deadlines and compiling with all the guidelines set by Berea College.
- Write a flawlessly winning essay. This is your chance to be creative and innovative. Show the admissions committee that you are different from other applicants.
- Never forget the most essential documents for a successful Berea College admission. Everything from your SAT, ACT scores to transcripts should be accurate.
- Do not underestimate the power of your letters of recommendation. Choose the right person that would shed light on your academic and personal achievements.
- Get as much academic help as you can. Online academic support offers assistance in your Berea College requirements, application and ensures your admissions.
- Find info about some other opportunities, for example about Bard College graduate programs.
Why You Should Choose Berea College
- Berea College offers its students numerous campus services from day care to health clinics.
- It is included in the top 1 of best value for your college education in Southeast and top 5 for best value with aid.
- Berea College provides great academic and professional opportunities for its students. It will make sure that all trainings and learning are of top quality.
- It guarantees stellar academics, outstanding work-study program and a great home for any student who wants to learn and experience life.
- Its labor program makes it possible for students to get almost free education. Berea College has comparatively high quality science programs.