Assumption College Requirements, Programs and Scholarships
Assumption College is a private, Catholic institution located at Worcester, Massachusetts. It was founded in 1904. Currently, there are 2,008 undergraduate students, 58% are female and 42% of which are male. It ranked #280 out of 1,391 best nationwide colleges and placed #26 out of 63 best Massachusetts colleges. Its tuition and fees annually amounts to $49,922.
Assumption College offers 43 majors and 48 minors of undergraduate programs from art history to neuroscience. The highest degree offered is Master’s but there are also graduate programs like 6-in-5 MBA, 6-in-5 Rehabilitation Counseling and 6-in-5 Special Education that students can definitely take advantage. Five of the most popular majors in Assumption College are Rehabilitation and Therapeutic Professions, Psychology, Accounting, Chemistry and Marketing Management.
Also you can be interested in Albion College application, so learn about its main requirements.
Students often worry about the annual cost in Assumption College but you do not have to pay the net price especially that you can easily get financial aid. 99% of freshmen receive scholarships and grants with the average of $20,648. The college itself allots a $29,605 financial aid package for incoming freshmen. 497 freshmen were awarded with scholarships at Assumption College that average to $19,054 and 121 students got federal grant aid that amounted to $4,850. 73% acquired scholarships, 19 were awarded with federal grants and 8% with state grants. The overall annual aid awarded to students is $11,084,219. For more information about financial aid and how to acquire scholarships for your tuition, here are helpful links:
- Financial Aid Department Website: www.assumption.edu/admissions/financial-aid
- Net Price Calculator: www.assumption.edu/admissions/financial-aid/value
Admission to Assumption College rest greatly on the requirements you submitted. For prospective students, you must comply with all the guidelines of Assumption College requirements in order to get considered for admission. The following are the most important and necessary requirements for your application to Assumption College:
- Standardized Test Scores (ACT, SAT)
- Letter of Recommendations
- TOEFL (for International Students)
- Class Rank
- Secondary School Record
All applicants must graduate from an accredited secondary school with a minimum of 18 academic units including:
- Four years of English
- Three years of mathematics
- Two years of a foreign language
- Two years of history
- Two years of science
- Five additional academic units
Test scores play an important role in your admission to Assumption College. You have to comply with the average score to ensure that your application will be considered. The following are required test scores in SAT and ACT.
- SAT Reading: 510 – 600
- SAT Math: 510 – 600
- ACT: 23 – 26
The acceptance rate in Assumption College is 75%. Out of 4,380 who applied, 3,290 got admitted and 607 enrolled. The earliest Assumption College application deadline for submission of applications to Assumption College is February 15 and students can expect results by November 1.
Get Accepted with Helpful Assumption College Application Tips
For applicants who want to pass the application process with flying colors, we offer you useful tips and guide. Application for your dream school can be tough especially if they have poor acceptance rate. The following are tricks that will set you up to succeed i:
- Set deadlines for completing your essays and other requirements. Always consider the earliest Assumption College application deadline and give all the most accurate and relevant requirements.
- Be careful. Always make sure that your Assumption College application is flawless and of top quality. Any errors can hurt your chances of getting accepted in Assumption College.
- Do not wait last minute whether it is writing essay, requesting for your transcript of mailing documents. Finish everything early.
- Get organized; this will help you not only when accomplishing your task but also in saving you time and hassle.
- If you are struggling with the application process, do not hesitate to seek help. There are services online that can provide academic assistance that will make the entire process easy, quick and simple.
You can use these tips for application to any university, so it would be useful for you to know about Allegheny College requirements.
Why You Should Choose Assumption College:
- Assumption College is a great school for students who want to get involved as it offers numerous clubs and other organizations.
- It provides students with incredible sense of community.
- It combines community service, athletics, clubs, academics and faith. You can definitely be challenged both outside and inside the classroom.
- Assumption College is a good school for students who want to grow as an individual.
- It is definitely worth the money. It provides you high quality education and extracurricular that can nurture your interests and skills.