Amherst College was established in 1821. It is one of the top liberal arts colleges in the United States, located in the town of Amherst, Massachusetts. This private, premier college is an undergraduate college offering four year programs of study.
Amherst College offers students a choice of 38 major course programs. The US News & World Report have ranked Amherst the second best of all liberal arts colleges in America. Forbes Magazine have the college ranked at number ten out of all colleges and universities in the United States.
Amherst is a member of the Five College Consortium, which allows its students to take classes at the four other member institutions in addition to using library facilities across all institutes.
Amherst’s notable alumni include prominent members of US and overseas governments, including two prime-ministers, as well as Nobel Laureates and a Pulitzer Prize winner.
The Amherst campus is 1000 acres in size and includes a 500 acre wildlife sanctuary.
Read on for Amherst College undergraduate admission requirements:
Amherst College Undergraduate Admission Help:
|Location||Amherst, Massachusetts. USA|
Amherst College Admission Requirements:
- Test Results: Mean SAT scores: critical reading 720, math 721, writing 714 Mean ACT score: 32. For tips and information on improving your application see the following page: Amherst Tips
- Essay Submissions: Amherst erects applicants to submit an application essay. For prompts and tips, see the following page: The College Essay
- Other documents needed:
- A completed application form: The Common Application, on-line submission only.
- Amherst College Supplement to the Common Application: For information see the following link: Writing Supplement
- For early decision applicants: The Early Decision Agreement Form in addition to the first marking period grades from the senior year, if available.
- Standardized Testing: One of the following tests are required: SAT or ACT with writing, in addition to two SAT subject tests.
- A school report (SR)
- A secondary school transcript: “A high school diploma or its recognized equivalent is required before enrolling at Amherst College.”
- Two teacher evaluations: These should be from one of the following areas, English, Math, Science, Social Studies or Foreign Language.
- A mid-year school report: A form can be found on The Common Application
- Mid-Year Transcript
- Application fee: $60 for students with financial hardship, a fee waiver can be requested via the Common App or by using Amherst’s Quick Pass.
- Test Registration Codes: For score reporting, use Amherst’s SAT code (3003) and ACT code (1774).
- International Students Language Requirements: Students who speak English as a second language are required to submit one of the following: TOEFL, MELAB or IELTS Results.