Details on Albion College Requirements, Programs and Financial Aids
Albion College is a private, coed and non-profit institution that was founded in 1835. It has 1,268 students with equal percentage of both male and female undergraduates. The college ranked 241 out of 1,391 best nationwide colleges. The yearly tuition fee is $35,454 and has an average acceptance of 79%. Out of 4,430 applicants, only 2,498 got accepted and 346 enrolled.
For applicants, you should remember that Albion College application is rolling and the earliest deadline for submission of requirements is December 1. Albion College is known for its strict selection process. The following are required test scores that prospective students should take note:
- SAT Reading: 500 -590
- SAT Math: 420 – 570
- ACT: 22 -27
Aside from your ACT and SAT test scores, other factors that might affect your Albion College admissions are your academic GPA, standardized test scores and school records.
Also you can explore Allegheny College requirements for more opportunities.
Albion College has 64 undergraduate degrees that are concentrated into 37 majors within 19 fields of study. Five of the most popular for 2015 graduates are biological sciences, psychology, biochemistry, economics, and communications and media studies. Albion College offers a great deal of pre professional programs such as:
- Public policy and service
- Pre engineering
- Pre law
- Pre social work
- Education, elementary and secondary
- Environmental Sciences
- Environmental Studies
- Law, Justice, and Society
- Human Services
- Pre-Medical Professions and Health Sciences*
- Pre-Veterinary Medicine
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Other Health Professions
Students do not have to pay the advertised tuition fee of Albion as there are scholarships and other financial aids available. From all 1,307 undergraduate students in Albion College, 97% of which enjoyed various forms of grant aid. The average incoming freshmen had an overall $32,919 of scholarships and grants from the school. 346 freshmen were awarded with $20,840 average scholarship, 103 others had federal grant aid that averaged to $4,692 each. The following are helpful links about financial aids at Albion College:
- Financial Aid Department website: www.albion.edu/financialaid/
- Net Price Calculator: www.albion.edu/admission/scholarships-and-financial-aid/net-price-calculator
Many colleges put a good deal of weight on your test scores. But for those who have an average score, make sure that you win over the admission committee by presenting them with stellar and complete Albion College requirements. Here are requirements necessary in your Albion College application:
- High school courses and GPA
- SAT or ACT scores
- Extracurricular activities
- School Report and letter of recommendation:
- Application essay
- Admission interview
How to Effectively Secure Albion College Admissions
For those who want quick guide on how to get accepted into Albion College, the following are useful tips that any applicants can take advantage:
- Start as early as you can. Build up your academic resume with relevant achievements, trainings, good scores and extracurricular activities. This will guarantee submission of powerful Albion College requirements.
- Focus on key factors like standardized test, grades and courses that you might require prior to your application.
- Given that it has a rolling application, apply early as this will help you avoid cramming that could result to poor essays or missing Albion College requirements.
- Send the right number of materials with your applications. Avoid flooding the admission committee with too many data but choose carefully materials that could favor you.
- Use social media to your advantage. In case, the admission committee will cross reference your online profile, you can give them a realistic and professional preview of your personality.
So learn this list of helpful tips and find out more variants for admission. You can read about Babson College requirements.
Why You Should Choose Albion College
- Albion College offers numerous campus services like non remedial tutoring, women’s center, placement service, and health service.
- It guarantees your safety as it provides its students with 24 hour security services.
- Out of 38 colleges in Michigan, it is ranked number 3.
- It offers personalized and excellent education. The classes are typically small and the faculty is invested in ensuring that students get access to intensive classes.
- It provides it students career services like on campus job interview, internships, resume assistance and alumni network among others.